[TextMate] Re: ftp-support

marc mnothrop at elaunceston.com
Thu Oct 7 01:06:23 UTC 2004

On 07/10/2004, at 9:12 AM, Joost Schuttelaar wrote:

> Sune Foldager wrote:
>
>> As in TM costs 40 bucks or Interarchy does?  If the former, I don't
>> really understand your argument. If the latter, I guess Interachy is
>> too expansive... I don't remember, it's been a long time since I used
>> it.
>
> The latter, ofcourse :)
>
> Someone just needs to build a decent open source FTP disk mounter for
> OSX :)

Maybe... I know it's good to get stuff for free, but hey, like others
said, there can be a reason for valuing a paid client, for its richness
of features...

Having said that, FTPeel <http://freshsqueeze.com/products/ftpeel/> has
its MagicMirror feature, and costs $19... and what about setting up a
watch folder by attaching an AppleScript and invoking the CLI FTP
support, or one of the freeware scriptable FTP clients, like Cyberduck
<http://icu.unizh.ch/~dkocher/cyberduck/>...?

marc