[TxMt] Method/function list?

Eric Hsu erichsu at math.sfsu.edu
Tue Nov 30 01:07:02 UTC 2004

>I am hoping I¼m just missing something obvious...  Is there some kind of
>list of functions/methods?  I.e. Similar to BBEdit or SEE¼s popup function
>list?

Here's my kludged version of it for Perl using TM
commands, which pops up a separate window listing
all the subroutines (i.e. lines that begin with
'sub ').

Make a command:

- before: Do Nothing
- Command:  grep -n "^sub "
- Std In: Entire document
- Std out: Show in separate win
- Pattern: ^(\d+):(.*)$
  [this parses out the grep output so we can identify the line part]
- Format: $2
- Line:1

This idea can be tweaked to fit the language of
your choice. I think you can pipe it cleverly
through sort to get the subroutines alphabetized.

good luck, Eric
--
Eric Hsu, Assistant Professor of Mathematics
San Francisco State University
erichsu at math.sfsu.edu
http://math.sfsu.edu/hsu